ABB Ltd Management Report 2014
ABB Ltd is the holding company of the ABB Group, owning directly or indirectly all subsidiaries globally.
The major business activities during 2014 can be summarized as follows:
- share buyback for employee share programs of CHF 390 million
- share buyback for reduction of share capital of CHF 555 million
- share deliveries for employee share programs of CHF 63 million
- Repayment of a loan granted (CHF 900 million) by ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd
- Payment of a dividend from capital contribution reserve of CHF 1,379 million to the external shareholders.
In 2014, the Company employed on average 18 employees.
Once a year, the Company’s Board of directors performs a risk assessment in accordance with the Group’s risk management process and discusses appropriate actions if necessary.
The Company does not carry out any operational or research and development business.
In 2015, the Company will continue to operate as the holding company of the ABB Group. No change of business is expected.
March 5, 2015